Thursday, June 28, 2018

"Luckier" Fledges!

I returned early this morning to Curtner Elementary School in Milpitas after a nine day hiatus to find the second eaglet, now named "Luckier" had fledged. A small group of the regular photographers had gathered and were watching the bird as it sat on the roof of the school waiting for a parent to bring food.






The bird took flight and landed in the adjoining field where it walked around and flapped it wings.







It took flight again and my 500mm was just way too much lens as the bird flew in my direction and completely filled the frame.  This is when I wished I had my versatile 200 - 500mm zoom on hand.




We are not sure the sex of "Luckier", but we are guessing also possibly a female.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!